STK Performance Valve Train Products (VTP's) are manufactured from the finest Quality Materials available and have been Developed & Tested under severe Motorsport conditions.
To ensure that your STK Performance VTP performs to its optimum ensure that the following “Break-In” Procedures are strictly adhered to:
STK Camshafts & STK Heavy Duty Camfollowers ( VW )
- New camfollowers must be fitted with a new STK Camshaft (preferably STK Heavy Duty type #STK3).
- Coat Camshaft & Camfollowers with Cam Lube during fitment.
- Do not run on idle during the first 20 minutes of operation.
- Run at 2500 - 3000Rpm . Do not run at high Rpm during this break-in period.
- If any changes need to be made during this period switch off engine (Do Not Idle)
This break-in period will reduce the risk of Camshaft failure and prolong the life of your Camshaft.
STK Performance Hi-Rev Valve Springs
- Ensure correct Spring Pressures, Spring Travel, Spring Height & Clearances.
- On Initial Start-up limit between 1500 & 2000 Rpm until operating temperatures are achieved.
- Shut-off engine and allow to cool to room temperature.
This break-in period will reduce the risk of Valve Spring failure and prolong the life of your Valve Springs.