High Rev Valve Spring Kits
Rev Kits or Dual Valve Springs , The STK Dual Valve Spring Kit can be used on the following engine types.
VW 8v , 16v , VR6 , Audi 5 Cylinder 20v & 10v , Combi 2.3/2.5/2.6, Ford Kent / Mazda FE 8v / Mazda FE16v / Opel C20Xe / C20XEL / C20XET / Opel Corsa / Opel 2lt 8v /
Uprated Valve Springs and Retainers ( REV Kit ) are a must if you are considering a Camshaft with High Lift or intend to run at Higher Rpm.
The STK Dual Valve Spring Kit is a Competition Kit and will eliminate coil bind and valve float when installed correctly. The STK Dual Valve Spring is made from High Quality Chrome Silicone Materials. Rated up to 9000rpm and suitable up to 14mm of Camshaft Lift.
The STK Rev Kit (Dual Valve Spring Kit) is used Worldwide from street, Drags, race track etc. Great success and reliability is achieved with the valve spring kit.
STK Dual Valve Spring Kits are a must for Turbo , Super Charger and/or Nitrous Oxide applications.They will keep the valves closed at the correct times as the standard valve springs are too soft for this type of setup.
A standard VW valve spring is rated at around 80lbs of pressure. The STK Dual Valve Spring is rated at around 185lbs of pressure.
The STK Dual Valve Spring Kit is Complimented with the STK Chromoly 4140 Valve Spring Retainer. ( Suitable for 3 groove cotters for 7mm valve train ). The STK Lower Spring Retainer is used in place of the Standard Production part. There is no need to use a 1mm spacer when fitting the STK Lower Valve Spring Retainer.
Installation of the STK REV KIT:
1. The Spring Heights and Spring Travel need to be Measured & Adjusted accurately to avoid coil bind. Breakage or damage to the camshaft lobes is a reality if you get this wrong.
2. Allow an Automotive Engineering Specialist or a Master Mechanic to install these springs correctly. If you get it wrong it’s gonna hurt your pocket!
3. STK Dual Valve Spring kits are not a DIY Kit. We strongly recommend that a Master Mechanic installs this product kit.
Valve Spring Break-in Procedures:
1. Ensure correct Spring Pressures, Spring Travel, Spring Height & Clearances.
2. On Initial Start-up limit between 1500 & 2000 Rpm until operating temperatures are achieved.
3. Shut-off engine and allow to cool to room temperature.
This break-in period will reduce the risk of Valve Spring failure and prolong the life of your Valve Springs.
Modification of the Cylinder Head maybe necessary in order to ensure reliability when fitting the STK Dual Valve Spring Kit. So ensure that a Master Mechanic fits these products to avoid damage to the camshafts, valve train and engine.
What Valve Spring is right for your application ?
Competition engines are designed to run at maximum rpm. Whether it be 7 000Rpm or 10 000Rpm. They need reliability and components that can handle the pounding from the high lift, high duration Camshaft.
With this in mind a Cylinder Head or Engine will be destroyed due to incorrect installation of the Valve Spring and valve train components. Incorrect valve spring selection will cause failure due to valve float and coil bind.
So, when you decide to build a trick head ensure you do your homework thoroughly. Get expert advice…. as going cheap on the Valve Springs will result in a hefty repair bill.
It is advisable to fit the STK Stainless Steel Billet Valve Set for extended reliability and improved flow rates.